1. Start from the lowest setting. The intensity of the massage gun can be quite strong. Be careful, especially if your body is already sore. Start on the lowest setting and gradually increase the speed from there.
2. Avoid bone. If you hammer away at a bone, you won't cause any damage, but it's not going to be comfortable.
3. Start on the larger muscle groups. Glutes, quads, calves, lats, and traps until you get the hang of operating the massage gun. you can also use your other hand as a guide to identify bony sections to massage around.
4. Keep it moving. Do not press too hard or stay in one spot for too long. Keep the gun moving across different muscles for the best results. Let the gun do the work.
5. Less is more. While a 90-minute massage by actual human hands can feel amazing, you don't need to use the massage gun for too long to feel results. Focus on the sore body part for 1 to 2 minutes, then move on. Cycle back once in a while if necessary.
💡Some more TIPS
Do be smart and cautious when first using a massage gun. Avoid areas on the body like bone, major arteries, nerves, and internal organs. Pay attention to how it feels and adjust if something doesn't feel right.
Hydragun comes with an internal chip that turns the device off after 10 minutes of continuous use to prevent overuse and overheating of the internal electronics. This is a safety feature. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes and continue if necessary. We have found 10 minutes is sufficient for a deep, satisfying massage.