With the Supertub, you can confidently enjoy clean, ice-cold water and reap the numerous health benefits of cold plunging right from the comfort of your own home.
Here's what the Supertub does for your body:
Boosts physical recovery
• A systematic review of 52 studies showed that cold water immersion is effective in aiding recovery after high-intensity exercise when done 6-8 hours after training or before training.
Increases energy and focus
• Cold water immersion triggers the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline in the brain and body. These hormones make you feel more alert even for many hours after your cold plunge.
Builds mental fortitude and grit
• Cold water immersion can be a challenging experience, but it can also help strengthen your prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for controlling impulses and reflexes.
Enhances your mood
• Immersing in cold water has been shown to increase the production of beta-endorphins and dopamine, which can help improve symptoms of depression and give you a natural high.
Speeds up metabolism
• Going in an ice bath can activate your body to burn calories in order to stay warm. It can also convert white fat into brown fat, which is used to regulate temperature and may result in a sustained increase in metabolism.